School Years 2009 until.......whenever. Lots of kids, AND grandkids AND lots of surprises!
Monday, July 10, 2017
Brain Dead
Sherrill came in Thursday night at 8:00 PM and told me he had two invoices and three estimates I needed to get out that night. I explained I was tired, and would do it the next day........ but NO, they had to be in Friday morning! I stopped what I was doing, pulled out the laptop (Quick Books), and started my work. I really don't mind doing the invoicing, because our agreement is I can charge an additional $50.00 charge for each one I do. So, I type out what he has, add on my small fee, and email them. Easy Peasy....... but not at 8:00 PM!
Friday night I go to my room early to just sit back and watch a movie. Somewhere around 9:00 he comes in, "I need the warranty info for the weed eater". Well Sherrill, you had it a couple of weeks ago when you carried it to the repair shop. "I need you to find it for me". I'm thinking, "I'm NOT your mother!"
So I get up, literally drag myself down the hall to go through HIS papers to look for the warranty info. It only took about 20 minutes and I handed it over to him (after making a copy). Saturday morning he carries the weed eater for repairs, comes in, and throws the paperwork on the kitchen table. It sits there most of the day (me determined NOT to move it), but later finally had to give in after it was covered with food, etc.
Later that night I informed him that the "Office" closes at 4:00 PM. Any requests after that date will have to wait until the next day. He just laughed. Then I spurted out that HE closes at 6:00 PM, so I have two additional hours to get any requests in! ! ! He got a BIG laugh out of that one.
Moral of the story......... When you get old, allow yourself to sit back and enjoy life. Don't make yourself rush to do anything....... except of course running to the bathroom!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

😂😂😂 does he know all these stories that you tell us???
ReplyDelete