Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Found Another Cousin!

Hi Cousin Judy!

My Goodwin line (oldest to present) is Joseph J. Goodwin, George Anderson Goodwin, Cora Estelle (Goodwin) Mack. Cora was my great grandmother. She died when I was 14 so I remember her well.  My family all have similar facial features. We always called it the "Mack Look". But the "look" is from my Goodwin ancesters.
The photos belonged to my great grandmother Cora Estelle (Goodwin) Mack. The photo of her sister, Lilly (Goodwin) DeLoach is what got me into FAG (Find a Grave). I only knew she was my grandmother's aunt who died when she was 18 or 19 years old. She was a pretty girl and I wanted to find out who she was. I went to the cemetary at Gaston 1st Bapt. and found a stone that matched all the information I knew about her. It really felt good to put a name to the photo!
I would like any info on the Goodwin family. You may use the photo's as you like. I have a little info on George but it involves a lynching in Gaston in 1893. A disturbingincident! I can send you the story if you want it. Most all the men in Gaston were involved.  Also George's son Artimus was murdered by his brother-in-law, Alan Neese.

Do the Goodwin's have a reunion? I know the Sightlers do as well as the Jeffcoat family.
I live in Charlotte, NC
Steve Bishop

LOOK! LOOK! Another Cousin!
We both have the same Great Great Grandfather Joseph J Goodwin
Our Great grandfather was William Addison, brother to George Anderson (Uncle Doc). Uncle Doc was the one that sold the land to the railroad, and they gave him the job of station master. He ran the train depot in Gaston.
William Addison was a trial judge. 
I didn't even find him though DNA. I found him on findagrave.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment