Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Rants and Raves of an old woman

Today has been one of those days. My life is generally simple and easy going, and I am USUALLY in a pretty good mood. Today however has been quite an exception. It all started when I tried to order a $3.58 part for my dad. It took 2 1/2 hours of doing nothing else but trying to get this part ordered. Oh well, it's to late by now to go to sewing class, so I will just pay bills online. No problem....simple....right?
Wrong again.

I recently combined my internet, digital phone, and digital tv services. Bundling them has saved me quite a bit of money, but this is only good for 2 years. In the fine print it tells me....60 days before the 2 years is up, I have to notify them of my intentions. If I don't then later if I try to cancel they will charge me 200.00 plus so much percent..yada yada... So, I called them up to tell them, please schedule me to cancel my digital tv within this 60 days prior to my 2 year contract. I don't need the 500 channels, and I don't even understand all the functions of the remote.
Well, NO,THEY CAN'T DO THAT. I have to notify them within this 60 days.....so on.

So, now I have to remember to notify Time Warner before Jan 29,2012 to cancel digital cable.....
I have to notify Onstar before Jan 15, 2011 to order new minutes, or I loose my old ones.

I have to cancel a subsciption to genealogybank before Feb something 2012 or they will automatically bill my credit card for another 2 years......
And, the list goes on and on.

The question is......why can't you just cancel something when you want to without all the penalties, interest, and consequences. Kids, you better start reading the fine print, especially in the credit card inserts you get. They have started doing some wicked things.

Oh, tomorrow has to be a better day!

No comments:

Post a Comment