Oh what a week it has been.
Thursday: Sherrill loaded up Phyllis's furniture into a moving van. She moved back in with us.
FRIDAY: Florence came for a visit.
SATURDAY, SUNDAY, MONDAY, TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY misery Loves company.......NOT!
We survived Florence pretty good. The flood rose to Phyllis's old house across the street, but did not cross the road to the Croom Drive house. During the week Sherrill learned how to cook on the flat grill outside, even cooking pancakes and sausage for the neighbors.
We learned simple things, like how many appliances, lights radios, etc that you can plug into a generator before everything stops.
We learned how bored life is without TV and internet. Cell phone service was also sporadic. I was able to clean out my office and file piles of papers and genealogy with some help from Phyllis.
I learned I HATE cooking three meals a day for visitors. Sherrill and Phyllis however were happy.
Please let regular life resume!
No comments:
Post a Comment