I still say growing older does have it's advantages. Who cares if you go to the grocery store without shaving your legs first? And who cares if your hair isn't just perfect? Just face it, unless you are looking to pick some one up, who cares? I sure don't!
Another thing, I can still do most things I use to do. It may take a little longer, and I might not do it as good as I once would, but the job does get done. I just don't understand how your arms get shorter over time. Reaching up to the second shelf in the kitchen can be a challenge, and throwing those beach towels on the top shelf of the linen closet, let's just say it is NOT a pretty sight.
But life goes on. I still average two online classes a week, still volunteer twice a week, and still keep up with grandaddy Joe's warranty work and invoicing, and Sherrill's paperwork. I still cook at least five to six full course meals a week, keep the house clean enough for two old folks, and keep the laundry done. Add to that trips to the bank, post office, grocery store, etc and talking on the phone.
You know, the same ole, same ole.
So, if I don't post something here, don't worry, I'm not dead. I am just off doing something else.
I don't take a lot of pictures like I once did, and I don't have quite as much to say. My 80 MPH run has backed back to a mere 60 MPH, and some days drop back to about 50 MPH.
Life is good. I go where I want to go, sleep when I want to sleep, say what I want to say, and eat what I want to eat. I am just waiting now for "fat boy" to slow down so he can enjoy the same!

Good thing you have lots of grandkids to keep checking in on you!
ReplyDelete