I suppose by now all of you have received the email from Kat with the youtube video. Sherrill hasn't seen the video yet, but I was telling him about it last night on our way to Krispy Kreme. After I finished the story, he looked over at me and said "Why haven't you started Christmas cooking yet."
Duh? "Well Sherrill, it's not Christmas." His reply was......"Well, it will be over with in a few days".
I went ahead and asked him if he wanted me to make him some Chocolate Oatmeal cookies tomorrow. He told me sure, but when was I going to make EVERYTHING? What is this man thinking? I quit baking for the community YEARS ago. I have not delivered a platter of Christmas treats in quite a while. But.....HE still wants me to do all that baking? ? ? ? For HIM????? The man that is NOT supposed to be eating sweets!
So Cindy, when you are making those Oreo balls this year......you might want to send your dad a few.
And Christy, remember those pretzels he said you didn't make because they looked so perfect.....you better get busy. And Mandy, remember those chocolate cookies that never turn out the same on the east coast, but they turn out just right in Arizona, you better save him some. And Wendy, he has about given up on you, because you always send MY favorites! Kathy, he wasn't impressed with the Baklava, so you are safe. And Abby and Kelli, he's never had any of your baking, so now would be a good time to get started.
The trip to Krispy Kreme had to be a negotiation. He wanted a dozen, I said just two, and we ended up with six. I'm sure his blood sugar is still sky high.

No comments:
Post a Comment