Sherrill finished up work early today so he decided to put up the Christmas lights while the weather was warm and the sun was shining. He pulled the tote from the barn, and when he opened it, he was in for quite the surprise.
Mandy had graciously taken down the lights for him last year while we were in Reno. She had just thrown them all in the tote. His method is to remove all the clips, then put each section of lights in a separate bag and tie them up. That way they don't get tangled. (We forgot to tell her this)
He came inside, told me to get my shoes on so I could come and untangle the lights. SO I did. My part is done, and he is out hanging lights......one of his favorite things.
Next week he will start with the yard decorations. We got two penguins last year after Christmas on sale, and a pink flamingo (Meghan's favorite). This year he has even splurged for an igloo and another penguin, and a new reindeer and sleigh. The man LOVES to decorate the yard. I will stick to decorating my trees. Still can't decide on three or four this year.


Do four! :) ill have to bring Blake to see the lights
ReplyDeleteI tried being helpful. I told y'all we'd come help last Thursday
ReplyDelete