Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Unclaimed Cash

Yesterday I was sitting at my desk (Randy's old desk.....thank's Randy) talking to Kat on the phone with the TV going in the background. They were talking about the State Fair and the NC Treasurer's department being there looking for people with unclaimed cash. I got on their website, and started looking. Yep, mom and dad's name was there with some unclaimed stock. I kept on going and picked out some names of people in Goldsboro. Within an hour or so I had located 5 people in Goldsboro, with their current addresses and/or phone numbers. I found one Dr. in Greenville that had 11 claims.

I called a News Argus reporter to talk to them about it, but had to leave a message. She called back this morning and I told her my story. I asked if they had ever done a story on this. So, now I have her little brain going too! I told her if she could get the list of all the people in Goldsboro, that I was sure I could find a lot of them. I told her step by step how I found them, and she was quite amazed.

Now, I can pay 100.00 to the treasurer's office and sign up as a locator, pay an additional $15.00 and get an electronic list of owner's files. With that, I can collect 20 percent finders fee, if I can get the owner to sign off on the find. But, I had rather just do it for fun!

Remember last year I found unclaimed money for Joe Roller.......then I found some for Kat. I have found it in the past for Mandy's ex-husband Mark, for my parents, but never any for Sherrill. He's still waiting! Christy said an unknown person contacted her one year by mail to tell her she had found unclaimed money for her, and told her how to go about getting it. All she wanted was a postage stamp, so Christy mailed her a book of stamps! It's going to be a GREAT day! Let's go find some money!

No comments:

Post a Comment