Thursday, December 6, 2012

Sherrill VS the Cable Box

   See this little box?
   It has reaked havoc on my house, as well as my parents. I have the basic cable, 100 or so channels. A couple of months we were informed that some of the stations would quit working effective Dec 4. To be able to get those stations you had to order a box for each tv. The cable guy asked how many tv's in my house, I counted them up.... SIX. He told me they could only send out 4. Any more than that they would have to have a tech come install them. So, on the 4th, I hooked mine up (in the bedroom). It didn't work.
  I called to talk to my dad to see if he had set his up, and my mom was furious. She had been watching a court case on tv for two weeks. They were supposed to be giving the verdict, and she couldn't get the channel. She was Mad! She called Time Warner, fussed them out and then they told her to have dad stop by, and they would have a box ready for her. Dad got her's hooked up, no signal. Sherrilll checked over mine, still no signal. I was on hold to Time Warner for over 45 minutes. Finally got one tv set up. Mom had to call, she was on the phone over and hour, she finally got hers hooked up.
  I hooked up Sherrill's in his bedroom today. When I left home it said, "Searching for channels".
I left his tv on so it would find the channels and be ready for him. Well, it never found any channels. He can't get his remote programmed. So, he's furious. Now he's disconnecting everything, only for me to set it up again tomorrow.
  Oh, and by the way, when you call, you have to pull that stupid box out, to look at the back to find a number. A number that looks something like that was written with a number 2 font.
  Sherrill said he's sending his box back!

No comments:

Post a Comment