Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Roadkill


  Yesterday I made a quick trip to Raleigh. On the way there I was noticing all the roadkill on the side of the road. Then I saw an animal like none I have ever seen. He had ears and legs like a jack rabbit, but had an enormous body. He was dead.......so he could have been bloated. But really, a jack rabbit on the side of a major highway in North Carolina? Guess he must have fallen off of a truck from Mexico or Texas. I haven't seen rabbits that big since Christy's USAF graduation.
  And by the way, Wendy, your dad is hanging out (I mean working) in Holly Springs this week. So, if you see the old van on the road, Yep, it's probably him.  Oh, I can get him to look for the mystery animal. He will be going that way.

1 comment:

  1. That's funny. Randy thought he saw him the other day. I am right there in the big Rex building onHwy. 55.

    ReplyDelete