Friday, March 30, 2012

Time to paint!


Sherrill is home today, so he is painting his room. Not by choice however.
The floor man comes April 9th to put down hardwood floors in the living room, dining room, hall, and Sherrill's room. If there is enough flooring they will do the kitchen. He wasn't too happy when I told him his carpet had to come out. I was going to put down vinyl in his room so I could scrub it. He didn't like that idea, and decided to go with the hardwood. Little did he know that new flooring also means new paint job, and new as he calls it "bed clothes". Leave it to Sherrill to go to the barn and pull out cans of paint left over from other jobs. The first can he brought in was was like a fudge brown. It was yucky. Then he brought in a dark beige, almost like a mocha. It looks pretty good. I can't complain. It will look a lot better than that beige that was all over the house. All the other rooms have been repainted now except my room. It remains that same beige. That's a project for another day!
And Cindy, I am even cleaning out his closet! I do believe you are the child that use to clean closets every time she cleans up. I believe in cleaning out closets when I can't cram anything else into them! So, back I go working on cleaning out his file cabinet, yes, we hide it in the closet (or use to).
And James, I hope I find the combination to the safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment