Happy President's Day.
Sorry kids, no cards or money for this holiday.
I guess most of you are out of school. I have decided I am going to have to go back to school soon. My brain still isn't quite right.
We were watching Little House on the Prairie the other night. The Ingells' were going to their high school reunion. They graduated in 1856, and it was their 25th reunion. I was trying to figure out what year it would have been. There were gas of kerosene operated street lights. So, I'm thinking 56 plus 10, 1866, plus 10, 1876 but then my brain flips over to, oh they must have graduated when they were 16-18. Then I am trying to add that. I tell Sherrill my dilemma, an he fires back, that's simple, it's 1893. I try to tell him, that 1893 isn't even an option. So, he gets up, finds the calculator, and in the meantime I am telling him it must be 1881. He adds it on the calculator, and sure enough, 1881. Now, how could that have been so hard?
OK you 4th graders, you are going to have to start sending me some worksheets or homework sheets. Gotta get this brain going!

i totally understand..I had to be at Cameron's school at 7:30 this morning to learn the "new way" to subtract double digits and beyond. There are many websites I have found that teach all math with practice tests and answers and explains how to do it...just google it. Have an excellent day.
ReplyDelete